All volunteers interested in becoming a volunteer for our classes are required to attend a one-time orientation that will include our policies and procedures for volunteering, as well as a hands-on training to learn how to be an effective side helper. Horse experience is not required to be a volunteer in our lessons!
• You must be 14 years or older to volunteer with TRI
• You will be subject to a background check before being accepted as a volunteer. Any concerns brought up by the background check will be discussed between the potential volunteer and TRI’s Volunteer Coordinator before being accepted as a volunteer.
• You must review TRI’s Volunteer Handbook before attending your first volunteer session with TRI
• TRI’s main form of communication with volunteers is via email so please be sure to provide an email and check for correspondences
• Be aware that volunteering in our lessons is a physical task and you will be asked to walk and sometimes run alongside your students in our arena
Upcoming New Volunteer Orientations
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, volunteer training and orientations are currently on-hold. For questions or more information, contact Volunteer Coordinator Sam Ingersoll at firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-317-4439.