- Assistant Program Director, Instructor & ESMHL
- Program, Volunteers
Originally from Cincinnati, Sam has an extensive background in horses beginning at the young age of 6. While growing up, she took hunt seat riding lessons and participated in local shows. In 2008, Sam was introduced to fellow PATH Intl Premier Accredited Center, Cincinnati Therapeutic Riding and Horsemanship (CTRH) and began volunteering as a side walker and horse leader.
Sam went on to complete her college degree at the University of Kentucky and participated on their Hunt Seat Equestrian Team. She graduated in 2015 with a BS in Equine Science and Management and returned to CTRH as their Barn Manager and Volunteer Coordinator, soon after earning her PATH Intl Instructor Certification in October of 2015.
Sam joined TRI in the spring of 2016 as our Volunteer & Equine Manager and has found her passion lies in assisting with Program growth and development, leading her to her current position as Assistant Program Director. Since joining the team, Sam has completed her certification to become a PATH Intl Equine Specialist in Mental Health and Learning and is the main instructor for our Equine Assisted Learning program.
Certifications and Memberships:
- PATH Intl Registered Instructor
- PATH Intl Equine Specialist in Mental Health and Learning
- Red Cross First Aid and CPR
- Mental Health First Aid – Youth & Adult
- Miami Valley Association of Volunteer Administrators Member & Treasurer
- B.S. Equine Science and Management, University of Kentucky