- Director of Development & Instructor
- Development, Marketing, Program
Christine has over 20 years of horse experience. As a young rider, she showed on the hunter/jumper circuit through the 3’6” equitation classes. In 2010, Christine began teaching at Stonegate Farm in Coolville, OH where she became the Assistant Coach to the Ohio University Equestrian Team.
In 2012, Christine began volunteering with the Therapeutic Riding Institute as a Side Helper and Horse Leader and earned her PATH International Instructor certification in April 2013. Christine’s years training and showing under the watchful eyes of competent and experienced instructors in a variety of disciplines has ingrained in her a thorough knowledge of horsemanship, equestrian skills and an effective and safe teaching style.
Christine graduated with her M.A. Degree in International Development from Ohio University in 2012 where she focused her research on the ability of Foundations to encourage sustainable development through the grantmaking process. She has found her calling in therapeutic horseback riding where she can merge her love for horses and passion for community action.
Christine has worn a few hats at TRI since 2012. Initially brought on to start up TRI’s fundraising efforts, Christine ended up taking on fundraising, marketing, volunteers and instructing. She is now comfortably overseeing TRI’s fundraising program and stops by the barn only on occasion to give the Instructors a hard time.
Certifications & Memberships Include:
- PATH Intl Registered Instructor (2013)
- Red Cross First Aid and CPR
- Mental Health First Aid – Youth
- PATH Intl Region 4 Conference Chair (2015 – Present)
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Member
- Certificate in Fundraising Management, Lilly Family School of Philanthropy (In Progress)
- M.A. International Development, Ohio University with a concentration in sustainable community development and fundraising
- B.A. International Politics, Penn State University