The Therapeutic Riding Institute is always on the lookout for our next Equine Team Member
- Purchased by TRI,
- Leased to TRI, or
- Donated to TRI
- be between 14.2 – 15.3 hands
- be up to date on all shots and coggins
- not have any vices that could be considered dangerous (no biting, kicking, bucking, rearing, shying, tripping).
- be sound at W/T/C
- be able to carry adult riders up to 250lbs.
- be comfortable in indoor and outdoor arenas
- be comfortable with a person walking at their head, and two people walking on either side at the girth
- be able to tolerate a variety of riders with a variety of abilities. Horse should not be so sensitive to the leg that a tight leg, or swinging leg would irritate it.
It takes a very special horse to do this job.
If you think you have a friend in your pasture that may be fit for this calling, please contact TRI’s Program Director, Michele Green at MGreen@TRIOhio.org
All Candidates are taken in on a 60 day trial at our farm where they go through a structured assessment of their suitability for the job. There are times when we need horses that fall outside of the above parameters, so please reach out to us if you have reason to believe that your horse would be a good fit. We serve a wide range of students that require TRI to maintain a diverse herd. We look forward to hearing from you!
Interested in learning more? Reach out to us to schedule a tour. We’re happy to have you watch a class, tour the facility and ask any questions you might have. Thanks for considering TRI!