Gift A Horse
Do you have a lead on a good horse or have a horse you’d like to donate? View our criteria for potential therapy horses.
A TRI horse carries precious cargo, and we take great care in selecting, evaluating and training each and every one of them.
Our Equine Manager initially evaluates all horses being considered to join the TRI Team.
If you would like to donate a horse, required criteria for your horse includes, but is not limited to:
- Ideal age ranges from 7 to 15 years old
- Versatile styles (English, Western, Trail, Jumping) or
- Specific discipline, i.e. specific number years of western pleasure training, etc.
- Must be physically and behaviorally sound with no injuries or vices
- Must be able to walk, trot and canter
- Must be slow, smooth, patient, calm, and quiet
- We DO NOT accept:
• Horses that are over the age of 20
Because of our commitment to our students and the subsequent high standards for our horses, the Therapeutic Riding Institute is typically only able to approve and accept an average of one in 10 horses generously presented to us as a donation.
For any more questions on our horse donation process, please contact us!